Referring a client to another lawyer isn’t always a simple choice, and if you’re like most attorneys, you want to ensure that your client receives top-of-the-line legal services. Our firm understands and respects the trust your firm is placing in us when choosing us to represent your client. You have our pledge to put our vast set of tools to work for your client, including our decades of trial experience solely involving elder abuse cases. Our firm is prepared to fight for your client through every step of the process ahead. If you would like to learn more about our firm or you have questions about our attorney referral policy, simply contact Cowdrey Jenkins, LLP.
Why Cowdrey Jenkins, LLP?
An individual attorney or a law firm who is considering taking on an elder abuse case must have the skills to competently handle such a case. The successful litigation of a civil elder abuse or elder neglect case requires expertise in both medical malpractice/personal injury litigation as well as in business litigation. Your attorney must be familiar with the following:
- The relevant medical issues
- The nursing standard of care
- How the nursing home facility is structured internally and each of its departments
- Corporate entity structures (LLC’s, corporations, limited partnerships)
- Nursing home business practices, particularly the interplay between the specific facility, any management companies, parent corporations, and any intermediate layers of regional or divisional management that may apply to the particular nursing home company
- The role of Medicare, Medi-Cal, health insurance companies, and HMOs in nursing home care
- How nursing homes get paid for their patient care
- Interpretation of financial statements and cost reports that are submitted to the state and federal government
- Ethical issues related to the representation of multiple parties
- Arbitration laws
- Comparative fault principles
- Probate procedures
- Advanced directives
- Powers of Attorney and Powers of Attorney for Healthcare Decisions
- The California Department of Public Health nursing home survey process and complaint investigation process
- Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations
- OBRA (42 Code of Federal Regulations)
- Quality Assurance Privileges (Evidence Code §§ 1156, 1157)
Our firm exclusively handles elder abuse cases, and we have extensive knowledge regarding all of the aforementioned. We are prepared and ready to help your client through every step of the legal process ahead.
Referring a Case to Cowdrey Jenkins, LLP
To refer a case to our legal team, please take the following steps:
- Ask your client to fill out our online contact form.
- Tell your client to mention your firm name when they reach out to us.
- Use our online contact form to provide us with your client’s name, address, telephone number, and any other information that may apply.
Cowdrey Jenkins, LLP is an experienced California elder law firm, and we are prepared to provide all prospective clients with the knowledge and skill they need to put up a fight. Thank you for your consideration, and we hope to have an ongoing working relationship with you and your client. Contact us today.