Cowdrey Jenkins, LLP has over 30 years of litigation experience handling elder abuse cases across California. Elder abuse cases can occur in a multitude of facilities, including nursing homes, assisted living facilities, hospice care, and more. Furthermore, elder abuse cases can involve different types of abuse and neglect, including physical, sexual, and even financial. If you are dealing with an incident, or multiple incidents of elder abuse, you should strongly consider speaking with a knowledgeable California elder abuse lawyer at Cowdrey Jenkins, LLP today. Our legal team has helped countless parties through the legal process in the past, and we are ready to assist you, too. Contact us today to learn more about our legal services.
California Elder Abuse Lawyer
For over 30 years, Cowdrey Jenkins, LLP has made a name for itself as California’s elder abuse law firm. Our experienced attorneys are ready to hear from you about your case and see what can be done to resolve it in the best way possible. These cases are frequently complex and emotionally charged, which is why you need level-headed, competent legal guidance in your corner. Cowdrey Jenkins, LLP is on your side.
Learn more about our attorneys below.
- Sean D. Cowdrey, Esq.: Mr. Cowdrey has over three decades of legal experience solely focused on elder abuse cases in nursing homes and other care facilities. Mr. Cowdrey successfully tried one of California’s first elder abuse cases in the mid-1990s and has since handled countless more.
- Spencer H. Jenkins, Esq.: Mr. Jenkins is an accomplished trial attorney. With over a decade of experience handling elder abuse cases, Mr. Jenkins has handled some of the most catastrophic personal injury, fraud, and abuse cases seen in California courts.
Our Legal Services
Our experienced legal team handles elder abuse claims that stem from various locations, including the following:
- Nursing Homes
- Residential Care Facilities
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Memory Care Facilities
- Home Health Agencies
- Hospice Care
Signs of Elder Abuse
As you can imagine, there are various tell-tale signs of elder abuse. Some of the most common signs of elder abuse occurring are as follows:
- Falls and fractures
- Complaints of hunger or thirst
- Showing signs of fear when certain aides or nurses enter the room
- Money or possessions going missing
- Unexplained bruises or cuts
- Certain infections
- Unexplained wandering
- Emotional distress
These cases are complex, and they should only be handled by an experienced California elder abuse lawyer.
Contact a California Elder Abuse Lawyer
When someone suspects that elder abuse or neglect has occurred, the first thing they should do is document the incident. They can also report, and in some instances are required to report, the suspected abuse or neglect to the Long-Term Care Ombudsman CRISISline at 1-800-231-4024, the California Department of Public Health, or the California Department of Social Services at 1-844-538-8766. No matter the issue of elder abuse at hand, you should contact Cowdrey Jenkins, LLP today. Our firm proudly serves clients in Oxnard, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Ventura, Newbury Park, Kern County, Los Angeles County, Santa Barbara County, Ventura County, and Orange County.