What Steps Should I Take if I Suspect Residential Care Facility Abuse?

nurse with home health agency

Our firm understands the heartbreak a family faces when they suspect that their loved ones are facing abuse. If your loved one is in a residential care facility and is encountering neglect or abuse, read on and reach out to our firm today to speak with a skilled California residential care facility abuse lawyer today. Our legal team is committed to ensuring your loved one is safe and obtains the justice that you all deserve.

What are some common indications of residential care facility abuse?

Unfortunately, residential care facility abuse can be caught in a number of different ways. The majority of the time, residential facility abuse can be difficult to detect, especially when it is not occurring in the form of physical abuse. That is why it is critical that you are aware and keep an eye out for examples of abuse. Some of the most standard signs of abuse that our firm sees include the following:

  • Possessions or cash going missing
  • Bedsores
  • Unexplained cuts or bruises
  • Falls resulting in injury
  • Sudden changes in personality, or showing signs of fear seemingly irrationally

If you have seen any of the above behaviors and signs, it is critical that you report it right away and look at your legal options. You can depend on our firm to help you. Our legal team is on your side and is prepared to fight for your and your loved one’s well-being. We are on your side.

What steps should I take if I suspect residential care facility abuse?

First, if you believe a loved one is experiencing abuse in their residential care facility, you will want to report to the appropriate authorities and speak with a skilled California elder abuse lawyer. Our firm has the knowledge and background required to assess the facts of the situation and choose the best course of action. If you notice that someone is in direct danger, it is critical that you report the incident, or incidents, of abuse to the police right away. By doing this, you can ensure that the person is carried to safety and record the incident(s) of abuse. With that being said, you may also report abuse to the Long-Term Care Ombudsman CRISISline at 1-800-231-4024 or the California Department of Social Services at 1-844-538-8766. If you have any further questions about residential care facility abuse cases or you think you may have one, our legal team is on your side and is ready to take on whatever you are going through. Just give us a call today.

Contact our experienced California firm

Here at Cowdrey Jenkins, LLP, we have significant experience representing clients through a wide array of elder abuse matters, and we are prepared to assist you as well. Contact us today.